Artesana Boricuas' Corner

Monday, March 20, 2006

A Typical Monday



Every Monday morning I get up at 5:30 AM. Mondays are a busy day for me. Before I leave home I must turn my PC on and get into Christmas All Through the Year to create my daily posts.

The first place I check is American Greetings to see what the day's celebration is about. Sometimes I don't like what they're celebrating. Either they're too silly or simply ridiculous, so I skip it. I go on to Hi-Card's Celebrate the Date. Here I usually find more appropriate celebrations and the information is much more complete than in American Greetings. Very few times do these two greetings sites coincide in what the day's celebration is. Sometimes, though each may have a different celebration, I post them both because they are interesting and worth reading.

My next step is to check the birthdays and the history for each day. What famous people are celebrating their birthday each day (dead or alive) and what happened on this particular date many years ago. Then I must find an appropriate photo or tag for the birthday and for "On a day like today in...". After I'm finished with this post, I go on to my daily tips post which takes me the longest to complete. After I greet my group I start out by adding a tag with a daily positive thought. Then I go on to indicate what number of days have gone by since the beginning of the year and how many days are left until the end of 2006. Today is March 20th, the First Day of Spring. I started that countdown fifty days ago. I next proceed to add a link to our GuestMap where new members can add a pin showing us on a World Map, where they are from. All our members can check it out to see where in the world our members live.

I finish my post adding two tips for the day and I must find an appropriate photo for each tip. These tips are usually related to home, cooking, and decorating ideas. I end my post wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Before I shut down my PC, I check any messages that have been added and write a comment. I also check to see if there are new members requesting membership and then I finally check my e-mail. Once I am finished I have breakfast and leave home around 7:15 AM. At 7:30 I must be at the Police Headquarters Station in my community where I volunteer five hours every Monday morning from 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM. It's very near my home. All I do is when I get on the main road, I turn left and in two seconds I'm already there. It doesn't even take me five minutes to get there after I leave home.

And... what, you may be wondering, do I do at police headquarters? I take phone calls. I answer emergency calls. I radio police cars that are on the streets to inform where they are needed urgently if there has been any accidents on one of our area's roads. When nothing in particular happens, I study my musical theory. Today I was studying for a test I have next Saturday. Sometimes I bring my "cuatro" along and I play a few songs when I'm not busy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home