Artesana Boricuas' Corner

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Christmas All Through the Year


Christmas is the longest season of the year on the Island of Puerto Rico. We begin celebrating around a week before Thanksgiving and the celebration extends all the way up to January 15th more or less. So it's a month of celebrating and feasting. We are of a very celebrating nature.

I belong to an MSN group named precisely "Christmas All Through the Year" (CATTY). Though we celebrate other holidays as well through the year as they make their appearance on our yearly calendar, we concentrate on Christmas crafts, getting ready for the next season so we may have all our gifts on time. No last minute shopping for us. We're already counting the days. Today is the 73rd day of the year and there are 292 days left in the year 2006.

During the Christmas Season I had the season's CD's on my car's CD player. And after the all the celebrating was over I have continued to listen to the Christmas music even though we are practically in the Spring Season already. Whoever chances by my car, if the windows are open or takes a ride with me, may think it strange that I'm listening to Christmas music. I really don't care what they may think. I just sing along with the CD.

The truth is that I am listening to the same CD all the time which has twenty songs. But there is a big difference in this CD. It has the typical Christmas songs, but they have these innovative arrangements which makes them sooo joyful that one just has to sing along. Besides, it's bilingual. Some songs are in Spanish, some in English, and some half and half. They are not the same boring songs. They have a new spark that makes them different. The songs sound so lively and different. I don't get tired of listening to the same CD while I drive around in my car. On the contrary. I look forward to my drives. I feel renewed every time I listen to it. Traffic jams don't affect me. The songs are sooo beautiful.

So this year I'm truly living and celebrating the Christmas Spirit all through the year. And though you may not believe me, while I'm driving and listening, I am being reminded constantly of all my wonderful CATTY friends.

I can thank my lucky stars the day I happened to be checking a long list of MSN groups and when I saw the name "Christmas All Throgh the Year, I stopped short because I immediately knew that group was for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home