Artesana Boricuas' Corner

Friday, December 30, 2005

Farewell to Miguel Angel

Just two days ago I was mentioning in my "Dimples" post that the only brother I had left couldn't help me find out who I inherited my dimples from because he had alzheimer. Well, my only brother passed away last night. His daughter from the Municipality of Cayey phoned me at 1:00 PM today to give me the bad news. He was my half brother, but we were born of the same mother. That does make a big difference. And we grew up with him living with us. My mother widowed and after many years married my father, then my brother Lewis and I were born. He was 18 years old when I was born. His name was Miguel Angel and he was living in Orlando, Florida. He was a radio and TV man all his life. He worked in New York, that's where he was discovered for his voice when an important radio enterpriser heard him speaking. He worked in radio and TV here on the Island and in Orlando, Florida he was on the radio also. He was Master of Ceremony in many live shows in hotels. One of his sons continues in his steps, but I don't think he can compare himself with his father.

I remember as kids Lewis and I used to call him Mickey. And I don't know when exactly I stopped calling him that way and started using his full name Miguel Angel. I can't place the moment. Lewis stopped calling him Mickey also. I guess we just grew up. He used to be our hero. He taught us how to defend ourselves when he returned from the war so no one would take advantage of us. In other words, he taught us how to box or fight. It didn't matter I was a girl, I had to learn self defense also.


Farewell Miguel Angel, until we meet again! I'll be looking at the stars, but I'll be seeing you and Lewis.

CarmenIsie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home